Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bunny girl holding her lantern


Moon Cake festival* will be falling this coming Sunday and Olivia school had send invitation to us that this coming Friday night will have activities reacted to this festive. 

Strawberry jam filing for bread and with grapes. I use rabbit mould to mould out 2 type cheese and use another round shape to mould on BBQ cheese so that I can adding facial on it and look like the girl is wearing bunny costume. Same process goes to lantern as well. I have added 2 sugar deco heart shape as ribbon. 

Remarks:
Moon cake festival known as Mid-Autumn Festival, 中秋节. During this festive, eating moon cake with tea, fruits pomelos in family gathering and kids playing the lantern that handmade by them walking in front of courtyard.Why pomelos? According to my grandma that pomelos is round fruits are offered as the shape symbolize the fullness of the moon and family harmony.I guess orange will do as well. ^-^

Picks I used for the day:   

 







0 comments:

Post a Comment