Friday, November 9, 2012

Totoro Bento


Friday! It is my favourite day and same goes to Totoro! I tried to my very first Totoro. ^-^ Totoro (となりのトトロ Tonari no Totoro) is my first Japanese animated film. It is undeniable superbly animated children's tale. William used to say my small time look like the little girl - Mei. lol I was not so sure it is complement or others...Mei was always is my favourite girl as its character.

I bought red bean bread cum cake they call Panda Loaf and one Mille Danish from bakery shop name FREEMORI SS15 which had been opened a while ago. I always curious when there is new bakery open. Ahem....As ii stepped into it I was really drool with those tiny cakes. lol The staff are so friendly intro each cakes unique and samples of opera cakes and cheese cakes. Hoho...how can I resist? It is nice slightly dine in but I feel its floor capacity may not able to cope too many people. 


I use this panda loaf to make Totoro body and ears. I cheat and let the red bean act as "V" from its tummy. Face and mouth is cut out from cheese and add on nori for its teeth and eyes. Spaghetti stick as its whiskers.

I also pack it with grapes and her mini pudding. 


Totoro (となりのトトロ Tonari no Totoro) is produced by Studio_Ghibli. The story follows Satsuke and Mei, two young girls who find that their new country home is in a mystical forest inhabited by a menagerie of mystical creatures called Totoros. They befriend O Totoro, the biggest and eldest Totoro, who is also the king of the forest. As their girls' mother lies sick in the hospital, Totoro brings the sisters on a magical adventure but also helps them to understand the realities of life. This is family-oriented feature has a powerful ecological theme. 

Remarks: pictures retrieve from My_Neighbor_Totoro


4 comments:

Autism Signs said...

Another very cute bento. You do a great job, lucky daughter.

Unknown said...

Clever use of the bread, love ur totoro, super kawaii! :)

Noble Baby said...

thanks dear..

Noble Baby said...

I m lazy mom, modify abit and assume look like. lol

Post a Comment